2. Shout-out: To the festival security guards who pointed their fingers, laughed at me, and made snarky behind-my-back comments about me taking pictures of a churro… really? Really.
I’m eating fried dough covered in cinnamon and sugar. You’re patrolling Portapotties in bright yellow vests. I think I win.
3. Yesteday I went to Starbucks and impulsively ordered a peppermint mocha frappuccino and a pumpkin spice scone. Because who doesn’t crave pumpkin and peppermint in June?
Hello. I love you.
4. Also: I have just discovered cream sodas. And pita chips. Why have I never known.
5. I have a new outlook on life and I feel I should share it with you. It’s a jewel.
Camera phone aside, this pearl of wisdom says: “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO, what a ride!”
I want to hang this over my freezer for when I’m sneaking frozen cupcakes at 2 AM. Who does that? Not me.
6. My boyfriend has just informed me that he is “marshmallowed out.” Sad day. Was it the rocky road bites? Chocolate fluffernutter gobs? Chocolate chip cookie treats? Peanut butter crunch s’mores bars? S’mores candy?
… alright. Point taken. But seriously. Who’s going to taste-test the 450 s’mores recipes I still want to make this summer?
7. Which brings me to the fight we had in the middle of the grocery store this weekend, over the “proper” way to toast a s’mores marshmallow. He’s more of a traditional marshmallow-toaster. Slow. Boring. Patient. Evenly toasted til golden-brown.
I say stick that thing straight into the flames & light it on fire til it’s black.
Mmm. Burnt, crispy sugar in my face.
So what do you think. Is there hope for us? Are you marshmallowed out? What’s the “proper” way to toast a marshmallow?