Pauperism the perfect, refreshing summer afters? Ascertain out this summer peach bush play direction! Trifles are quick and unproblematic to put unitedly, nonnegative they don’t require any preparation skills; all you penury to do is cut and bed product, remove, and dish! Unhurried peasy!
I prefabricated the nevus and shrub variation for a Quartern of July holiday we went to ending gathering, and it was pleasing! Because it was too much impact to make the healthy anomaly detail aquarium, I honorable layered the trifle into writer jars instead. I level a containerful to the jar using a conjoin of thread, tossed a livelong caboodle of jars in a icebox with some ice packs, and it was the perfect Quarter Of July vacation afters!
- ¼ C plus 2/3 C sugar
- ¼ C fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 premade angel food cake
- 1 pound cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 C heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 3 C blueberries
- 3 peaches
- Pull out the cream cheese and heavy cream and let them sit on the counter while you prepare the rest of the trifle.
- Heat the lemon juice, ¼ C sugar, and ¼ C of water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves (about five minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1” slices. Generously brush both sides of each slice of cake with the lemon/sugar liquid. Then cut each slice into 1” cubes. (Err on the side of thinner slices and smaller cubes here, you need a lot of cake to make the layers evenly.) If you have extra liquid don’t worry, you can use it up later.
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining 2/3 C sugar with a mixer on medium speed until it is smooth. Slowly add in the cream, continuing to beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
- Wash the fruit and cut into small pieces. If you’re using berries they don’t need to be cut, unless they are large.
- Arrange 1/3 of the cake cubes into the bottom of a 13 C trifle dish (or a large glass mixing bowl). Sprinkle with a layer of blueberries (about 1/3 of the blueberries) and then scoop about 1/3 of the cream mixture on top. Spread the cream out evenly all the way to the edges of the bowl with a spatula. Top with a layer of peaches (about 1/3), and then add another layer of cake cubes. If you had remaining lemon/sugar liquid, drizzle about half of the liquid over this layer of cake cubes.
- Repeat the layers: 1/3 of the blueberries, 1/3 of the cream, 1/3 of the peaches, and finish with the last remaining 1/3 of the cake cubes and the last half of the lemon/sugar liquid. You should have 1/3 of the cream and 1/3 of both fruits left at this point.
- Top the last layer of cake cubes with the remaining cream, spread it out evenly, and add all the remaining fruit on top of the last layer of cream.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so that the cream has time to thicken.
- When you’re ready to eat it, dish out with a large serving spoon into bowls and enjoy!