Rich, nutty brown butter perfectly offsets the fresh flavor of sweet peas and mint.
Brown Butter, Peas, and Mint Omelette
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. grated pecorino romano
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced mint leaves
1. Bring a 1-qt. saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook until tender, 1 minute; drain and transfer in a bowl. Stir in oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; set aside.
2. Whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat butter in a 12″ nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook until milky foam settles at the bottom of the skillet and turns nut brown. Add eggs; cook, without stirring, until large curds form, 3-4 minutes, then gently stir until eggs are almost set. Using a rubber spatula, pat eggs into an even layer. Place peas, half the cheese, and mint leaves over eggs. Remove from heat and using spatula, roll omelette up and over filling; slide omelette onto a plate and garnish with remaining mint and cheese.